Awesome Humu Trigger story (no water 1.5 hours)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The coin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So.... Before comments are made on how bad I did things... I know. Lesson learned. Anyway, We were emptying a 155 gallon stocked with fish. (Tangs, triggers, wrasse, puffer, clowns) . Our main focus was to replace 12 year old crushed coral with live sand. Long story short. Some how we didn't realize our Humu trigger locked himself deep within a live rock. (One of the only rocks kept out of water bins.) The rock was out of water for approximately 1.2-1.5 hours. We notice the triggers tail sticking out and immediately threw him in a bin. He didnt move for about 2 hours. We shook the rock.. Nothing. Assumed dead we hit the rock with a hammer and out came the lodged trigger... Hit the water.. And turned upside down. After about five minutes. He started swimming awkwardly. One day later. Back to normal!!!!!!! And eating well!!! What a tough fish! ! How amazing.

How ironic. I spent 1.5 slowly acclimating this fish when I first got it.. 3 wks later he spends an hour and a half without water. Hahahahahaha.

LOL typical bullish trigger attitude. ive done the same exact thing to my niger triggers before, although not quite as long. they have def gone 15-20 minutes outside the tank.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom