Awesome plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bates1990

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently bought this cool plant I had never seen it before its anubius growing out of drift wood. Does anyone know the needs of this plant by chance?

image-3381935910.jpg

if it's anubias, very little...i think, correct me if i'm wrong

That's what I was told. Apparently it needs low light but I'm wondering how it would take nutrients because it's rooted into the wood.

liquid ferts would make more of a difference than rot tabs for sure...i think, again, correct me if i'm wrong

Anubias are extremely viable growing on wood. I think it might be their natural location actually. No worries there.

Anubias is slow growing enough that you might not even need ferts, assuming your tank has sufficiently low levels and sufficiently high stocking.

I guess I'm right on track if that's the case. I've been using nutrafin plant grow every 4 or 5 days idk what else I can do

Pretty low maintenance plant (anubias). I have a few in driftwood and in a rock formation. I agree with the liquid ferts. when you attach them to your driftwood, try and gently tuck the roots into the cracks of the wood. You could even use string to gently tie the anubias down to the driftwood.

Back
Top Bottom