axolotls and apple snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sieski

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have asked this question on a few dedicated axolotl forums with no reply.Maybe I picked 3 really quiet forums lol.

Will they be ok together. I really have no where to rehouse the apple snails if not. Which is a problem as I've sold all my fish in a tank to accommodate the axolotls that are on their way.....

Well, I have my mystery snail in with malaysian trumpet snails, and a ramshorn snail, and I don't have any problems. I am not sure what an axolotl is though LOL. Are you afraid that one will do something to the mystery snail?

OHHHH! I know what they are now! Sorry for my idiotic last post, I thought it was another snail LOL.
I think those little guys are THE cutest "fish" I have ever seen in my life!!! I would love to have one, but the way I think is "If it's super cute and looks like a really neat fish, it's probably hard to take care of, and therefore I should not get it." LOL

Actually I don't think they are really that hard to take care of as long as the usual precautions are taken prior to acquiring them

What I think is risky is getting an axolotl without knowing what they typically eat...
Oh I do viper.I haven't heard anywhere mention snails. Now is this an over sight of who ever published the information?or is it the info I have read is about keeping them in captivity so they thought no point mentioning they eat snails as most people can't readily buy snails to feed with?

I appreciate your input but please don't make assumptions on 5 lines of text please

Ty DK.I got to admit of all the articles pulled up by google I did give that site a miss, read another 10 though typical lol.Might have to divide the big tank to a section where the snails cant get at my plants!

I was just saying that asking if something is alright after you've already done it is kind of pointless. That's like asking if you will die from this poison, AFTER you've already drank it. At that time it's kind of a moot point isn't it?

I was just saying that asking if something is alright after you've already done it is kind of pointless. That's like asking if you will die from this poison, AFTER you've already drank it. At that time it's kind of a moot point isn't it?

Well I hadn't actually got them as stated in my OP.......

Well I hadn't actually got them as stated in my OP.......

Yes but you also stated that they were on their way and you have no where else to house the apple snails. Look, I'm just trying to help you look out for all of you aquarium inhabitants and I truly hope everything turns out OK.

Yes but you also stated that they were on their way and you have no where else to house the apple snails. Look, I'm just trying to help you look out for all of you aquarium inhabitants and I truly hope everything turns out OK.

I see now.Language barrier.On the way here means not that lol, more like will be getting them soon. I thought my lfs who were supplying the axo's would have my apple snails as well as my 3 mollies but they don't do snails apparently. I have put them in the planted tank for now. I might get a gold fish bowl and have them in there on my pc desk.

The axolotls are great. Just now got to change some decor to make it a bit more interesting for them some bog wood for them to climb etc

LOL stupid language barrier. You know what is funny is that I was actually showing my fiance pictures of axolotl's and she thought they were the cutest things. I then hopped on the forums and saw your post about axolotl's and found it very ironic lol.

Mystery/apple snails need at least 2.5 gallons apiece, so I don't think a bowl on a desk would be a good idea. :(
I also think the axolotl's are the cutest things ever!!! :D

Mystery/apple snails need at least 2.5 gallons apiece, so I don't think a bowl on a desk would be a good idea. :(
I also think the axolotl's are the cutest things ever!!! :D

Is that for a water quality point of view or space needed? If it is the first I can simply 70% change each day also I have a bowl and a little filterpad thing for it. Just wondering otherwise I'll have to ebay them

I know mine would not be happy at ALL in a little tank, she is all over the place all the time! You might want to think about ebay-ing them, it would be better for them in the long run. :)

I know mine would not be happy at ALL in a little tank, she is all over the place all the time! You might want to think about ebay-ing them, it would be better for them in the long run. :)

Mine just sit there :s they are that lazy when I put some cabbage in the other day rather than fully open their trapdoor and come out properly they merely opened about 10mm enough to get at the cabbage lol. The kids think I should feed them to the clown and yo yo loaches............... kids can be so cruel they say lol

I have one in my 150g tank and it can go from one end to the other in an hour or so... generally because i alternate feeding on one side to the other and every other day when i feed, it moves to the other side

Back
Top Bottom