babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticHooper23

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got about 17 guppy fry in a breeder tank, its the kind that hangs outside the tank. Tips on taking care and cleaning etc? Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Also there are about 4 gyppy fry in the main tank with 2 guppys (female) they seem to be surviving pretty well. How can I feed them without the parents eating it first?

Thanks.

My best advice is to use airline tubing as a siphon to clean the breeder box, and clean often! Clean, warm water helps improve growth rates.

Now for the ones inside the main tank, you might just want to feed a bit more than normal and clean the left overs out as soon as you see the fry are done eating

Thanks how often should I clean? And I don't think I have any extra air line tubing , because im using it for the sort of filter in the breeder tank. Can I remove it use it to clean then put it back on? Or should I cut a part of it off?

I have the same breeding box ur talking about. I use a turkey baster and change 20-30% of the water a day. Only that because the air pump puts water into the box and it trickles out...and for me I always leave it running

I got about 17 guppy fry in a breeder tank, its the kind that hangs outside the tank. Tips on taking care and cleaning etc? Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Also there are about 4 gyppy fry in the main tank with 2 guppys (female) they seem to be surviving pretty well. How can I feed them without the parents eating it first?

Thanks.
To feed them, I use Hakari First Bites. I find it better and less messy than crushed flakes...

Back
Top Bottom