Baby brine shrimp & fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a good question. I use one cube for 4 adult fish tanks, about 70 adult mid-large size fish. I can't even venture a guess really. I always fed my fry decapsulated brine shrimp. That was really easy to measure out.

You will have to experiment to see how much they are eating. Keep in mind that fry can and should eat a lot several times a day. If you see amounts of the BBS lying about the tank, than you are over feeding. If there are only a few, you have it about right. Keep in mind that with heavy feeding the need for partial water changes increases, in frequency, quantity or both.

LyndaB said:
That's a good question. I use one cube for 4 adult fish tanks, about 70 adult mid-large size fish. I can't even venture a guess really. I always fed my fry decapsulated brine shrimp. That was really easy to measure out.

Really??? I might be underfeeding I feed my tank 1 cube of bloodworms or brine shrimp and some flakes once a day

I only use the cubes once per week. That's their Sunday treat. Other than that, it's flakes, bloodworms or other food every 2-3 days.

I might not have made myself clear. I split the one cube between 4 tanks.

I don't see how you could think you're underfeeding unless you have tons of fish.

Ohhhh I thought u use 4 per tank, I was gonna say no wonder y every time I walk by the tank they get akk exited n asking for food, well right now I got hold of some black worms n ive been giving them that

One thing to consider when feeding frozen foods, such as bloodworms is that they are about 90% water. Compare that to dry foods which are 10% or less. you therefore need to feed significantly more to frozen/live food to get the same amount of food value into your fish. BBS are a little different in that you are basically feed the BBS's yolk sack to your fish.

really around here they will take them for free!!! so i just use them as turtle live food or i just leave them in the tank and i let nature run its curse

Back
Top Bottom