Baby mollys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TommyTaylor

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
I am New to the site and fish in general so please forgive any ignorance at first.

I have a tank that has been going for around a week. i have put 4 molly's in then a few days ago added some Neon Tetras.

one of my Molly's has given Birth to about 10 new Molly's, i have managed to rescue them from the tank and put then in a floating breeding tank.... ok home made in a rush!!!

How long will it take for the molly's to grow enough for me to add them back to the main tank? as they WILL NOT last long in my home made construction.

In the long run I am going to have to either buy another tank or just give them away but that would be a shame but Thats a bridge i will cross later.

Thank you in advanced.

Tom

Mine seem to do okay after they get a little over a 1/4". They still get chased but it is only for a little bit and then the big fish give up. I put some grass in for them to hide and the tank is well planted but other than that I just let them go. If not you will be overrun with fish in a hurry. Even doing it this way I still am going to be overrun but it will take longer.

Ahh ok. Well there is only 4 Molly and 5 tetras so they should be ok. I have actually just seen another in the tank but will leave him and see how he goes. I'll review it tomorrow and see if they are any bigger to set free.

Back
Top Bottom