Baby RCS during Hurricane Sandy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcolon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Of all the bad news my family's been getting since Saturday between a death in the family and then family members homes getting flooded, it was nice to get some good news today. I was inspecting my shrimp tank with a flashlight somewhat half expecting to see my RCS under duress and instead caught a glimpse of a baby RCS!:dance: It was cool in the house, in the low 60's and we had no power so I was really worried of having the temps drop too low overnight. It's only about 6.6 gallons (according to the box) so the water doesn't hold heat as well as my 75gal.

We got power back around 4pm and I took a count and saw 6. Then another later and got 8. Another got 9. I took my last of the night head and counted 12:eek:. Though I think two I may have counted twice (they can move fast) but definitely at least 10RCS.

My sympathies for you and your family.

Congrats on the babies... sort of like seeing a rainbow after the storm. :)

Thanks! The baby RCS was just a nice change of pace from the rather gloomy few days prior. I hope other members faired as well if not better. A lot of beaches / beach towns just a few miles south of me were practically wiped out.

Back
Top Bottom