Baby snail? and also some tubes on my rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atte

Aquarium Advice Activist
My live rock has begun to "blossom" recently once the diatoms finally went away and now has tons of little creatures. I think I have a feather duster, but the feather part isnt visible, only the brown rod, and there are also many spirorbid worms as well as amphipods and copepods. What are these tube-like things? The closest thing I can think of are tunicates.

dsc06963e.jpg

I also found this little creature on my glass today after feeding, and upon closer inspection, it looks like a little snail! I could barely make out the shell but using my camera it looks reallly clear. I only have a nassarius and a turbo in my tank, the turbo has been roaming the glass for a few days but yesterday went and sat on the same rock above.

dsc06970r.jpg

It's reaaally tiny and I barely noticed it at first, thought it was a speck of sand.

Picture #1 is of q-tip sponges. They seem pretty normal in a new tank and will come and go as the nutrients come and go.

Picture #2 looks like a snail to me too. Wow... pretty darn small! Probably just a hitchiker off your rock.

Thanks for the quick ID, Kurt! I looked around in my tank some more last night and found 3 more snails on my rocks and glass. Here's a picture for size; the rock its on is slightly bigger than a closed fist.

dsc06984.jpg

That last one almost resembles the tiny bumblebee snail.

Believe me, there will lots more surprises that'll show up. I remember how much fun I had just watching my rock before I got any fish.

It's not a bumble bee, they don't have pointed shells. Trust me, I still have plenty of their shells left in my tank.

LOL! If it's a sailboat, it's not doing much sailing....UNDER the water!

Back
Top Bottom