Baby snail identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarxistBeard

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am new to the fish keeping thing and just had my tank set up. However, the plants I used seem to have been housing snail eggs and my tank fish is now invaded. So, I wanna ask what kind of snails they are ( I have included some pics) . Also, how should I deal with them? I have tried immersing a water bottle with lettuce into my fish tank to trap them but didn't even catch a single one for a whole day.

yMwsq6n

Last edited by a moderator:
I am new to the fish keeping thing and just had my tank set up. However, the plants I used seem to have been housing snail eggs and my tank fish is now invaded. So, I wanna ask what kind of snails they are ( I have included some pics) . Also, how should I deal with them? I have tried immersing a water bottle with lettuce into my fish tank to trap them but didn't even catch a single one for a whole day.

yMwsq6n
I cannot see the image but they are most likely pond snails, enjoy they are a hassle to get rid of fully I just let mine do there thing and my fish eat them when I see big ones I feed them to my turtle

Probably not, I know mine ignore them. If you have friends with cichlids or Angels you give them the extras

Back
Top Bottom