Baby snails and buglike things

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damarferg

Aquarium Advice Freak
At night my tank looks infested with lots of baby snails and little shrimp. Should I worry about this or not. I am more concerned about these snails and there are lots of them. I think one of my snails was spawning so should I worry

I wouldn't worry about it. They are both good signs :) As long as they aren't nuisance pests anyways.

Can you get a picture?

Mebbid said:
I wouldn't worry about it. They are both good signs :) As long as they aren't nuisance pests anyways.

Can you get a picture?

Can't really get a good pic they are tiny but yeah thanks I was worried that was a bad sign

Look up collonista snail and see if that looks like them. If so, I haven't found them to be bad unless you have a float valve style auto top off, in which case they can cause the float to stick.

Think these are the same I had... I had TONS! Way more than I needed it wanted! After I got my six line wrasse they started to disappear! Now... Not 1 in sight. They never hurt anything, just a pain constantly cleaning them off the glass!

Yes but be wary that mandarins eat tons of Copepods so need a very good supply constantly unless you can train onto frozen food

Back
Top Bottom