Back After 15 Years !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Genonclt

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First tank in 15 years and this is the beginning! Decided to be very specific in my focus: Planted freshwater themes for the living room. Am further focusing on Fluval Edge 6&12 s because of closed tops...Anyway...really love advice !!! Here you can see hint of what my first problem will be. Positioning of this one gets early morning and late afternoon direct sun = Algae. Will have to deal with this.IMG_1477137653.221940.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1477137653.221940.jpg
    IMG_1477137653.221940.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 99
Welcome back to the hobby!! I just got back into it myself about a year and a half ago after about a 20 year hiatus!! Now I have a 75, 65, 40 and a 16 gallon aquariums!! Only advice I can give is do your research! The internet is so full of info and ideas unlike when I was in the hobby years ago!! So much stuff out there!! I even ordered fish online yesterday for the first time to try it out and see how that goes! Doing that you can find unique species of fish and not the run of the mill types in the pet stores!! Good luck and I hope all goes well!!

Welcome back! Awesome looking tank! Would get snails for the algae. Good luck!

Thanks JoeMan. You can't see it well in the pic but I have a great piece of planted driftwood that came with a snail (hitchhiker) and I was wondering how effective snails are on algae. Think I will take your advice and find some of more significance.

Chipmason3, I started with research as you suggested before I settled on and started this first one. What amazed me most was how much my "trial and error" efforts which began almost forty years ago mirror the scientific advice now offered. My learned techniques for starting up new tanks pretty much follow current cycle efforts without any testing. The difference is that NOW I KNOW WHY my techniques work. I will be using the latest tools now!!

Thanks JoeMan. You can't see it well in the pic but I have a great piece of planted driftwood that came with a snail (hitchhiker) and I was wondering how effective snails are on algae. Think I will take your advice and find some of more significance.

They are the best for this size tank and bio load in total. Plecos get too big and shrimp dont do as good of a job. If i were you Id get a couple more. They clean best in numbers[emoji23]

Btw your profile pic looks like Alias from Person of Interest... thats a compliment. Hes awesome

They are the best for this size tank and bio load in total. Plecos get too big and shrimp dont do as good of a job. If i were you Id get a couple more. They clean best in numbers[emoji23]

Btw your profile pic looks just like Alias from Person of Interest... thats a compliment. Hes awesome

Back
Top Bottom