Background Color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NanoNewb

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I found a killer deal on an innovative marine tank with lights. Other than personal preference does the background matter? I just know most reef tanks have black and I think it looks slightly sharper to me but is color worth $80? Need to buy ASAP so any quick input would be appreciated.:fish1:

Are you asking if having the back of the tank painted is worth 80 dollars?
The point of painting the back of the tank is so you don't see the wires and piping/whatever is behind the tank and so the fish and coral in the tank 'pop'. Some prefer black, others like blue, and even others tape up those backgrounds you can buy per foot.

Well kinda, its an all in one innovative marine tank. Its not a clear glass to paint. Its either white or black. I figured it was preference but was curious if there were any benefits considering black absorbs light and white reflects.

I'd never consider white, in all honesty. Black lets me totally ignore any algae growth on my back glass where the white would highlight it. Where'd you find this tank at if you don't mind me asking?

Marine Depot.

Ya true algae would be a eye sore as well. Thanks for your help. Really sucks the black isnt that cheap! Almost as cheap as the tank only but it comes with the lights!

Back
Top Bottom