Background Plant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThomasG07

Aquarium Advice Freak
So for the past month I have had jungle Val in the back corner of my tank and I love it, but today when I came home, my rainbows had completely destroyed it and it looks terrible. Can anyone suggest an east to grow, tall background plant?

So for the past month I have had jungle Val in the back corner of my tank and I love it, but today when I came home, my rainbows had completely destroyed it and it looks terrible. Can anyone suggest an east to grow, tall background plant?

I don't know the name of it, but there is a plant that comes in those bulb packets that you get at petco. The packet will likely come with aponogeton, I hope I spelled that correctly. You will have to look up the packet on petco.com. One of the plants that comes in the packet looks like the aponogeton, but is much taller.

My hydrophila corymbosa has done really well for me under all different light and is a dense leafy plant I use in my background. There's pics in my albums. I bought two tubes of 4" stems of it from petco and now it covers the entire back of my tank

Hygrophila Angustifolia is actually a good one and it can handle abuse and still come back nicely. I have to wonder if your rainbows were spawning and caused that kind of damage.

The real conundrum is if they'll rip out whatever you put bin to replace the vals.

You can also look at ambulia. It takes up a lot of space.

Back
Top Bottom