background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I currently purchased a seview background and the seaview gel from drsfostersmith.com and oh my god does it look good it actually looks real not cloudy or faded looking like most backgrounds I've seen its crystal clear and super bright. and only took me 15min to put it on and it was my first time doing it. Here's a pic.

I like that tank

Thank you that was before I added 10 more fish I currently have 14 cichlids and 2 clown loaches will be adding some more tomorrow and selling off a couple others.

I have the background, blue sparkles that is very reflective, and kind of pretty. Tried the silver and that really looked bad. So now I would like to paint it black. What kind of paint do you use? Acrylic? It for sure is the back of the tank right? Thanks!

I have the background, blue sparkles that is very reflective, and kind of pretty. Tried the silver and that really looked bad. So now I would like to paint it black. What kind of paint do you use? Acrylic? It for sure is the back of the tank right? Thanks!

People on here use krylon flat black . Not sure which one exactly I'm sure someone can chime is that's done it and I also heard if u get a pint and roll it on if u do a few coats you can peel it off later

I paint the back of my tanks now. I've done the stick on backgrounds but they just never seem to work out for me( bubbles, water getting in there, etc.). So now I just buy a can or 2 of spray paint, you can use any color you like but typically people go for black or blue.

I used normal interior paint for my background, I think its probably a latex but I can't remember. If you have fish already in its probably safe not to use spray paint. Use a foam roller to apply a light first coat and let it dry a little, then paint in coats until no light shines though. I used a roller meant for use on cabinets since they're slick like glass too

I used normal interior paint for my background, I think its probably a latex but I can't remember. If you have fish already in its probably safe not to use spray paint. Use a foam roller to apply a light first coat and let it dry a little, then paint in coats until no light shines though. I used a roller meant for use on cabinets since they're slick like glass too

I wouldn't reccomend latex as it is water soluble. U can get krylon brand in a quart can and use a wizzi (minni roller) with a nap meant for smooth surfaces.

I wouldn't reccomend latex as it is water soluble. U can get krylon brand in a quart can and use a wizzi (minni roller) with a nap meant for smooth surfaces.

I've seen it recommended before due to the fact that it can be easily removed if you change you lr mind, I got the Glidden paint+primer premium interior latex and it works great. Says its washable so I think its safe to assume that if a little tank water splashes on it it will be fine

I've seen it recommended before due to the fact that it can be easily removed if you change you lr mind, I got the Glidden paint+primer premium interior latex and it works great. Says its washable so I think its safe to assume that if a little tank water splashes on it it will be fine

True that. I paint new construction homes but the company does use a cheap paint also. I've read on here someone using a specific type of krylon also and applied it a certain way and it was able to be peeled off but I can't remember which thread it was in. I'm sure then since u have washable stuff it will work just as well

I currently purchased a seview background and the seaview gel from drsfostersmith.com and oh my god does it look good it actually looks real not cloudy or faded looking like most backgrounds I've seen its crystal clear and super bright. and only took me 15min to put it on and it was my first time doing it. Here's a pic.

View attachment 167614

I have that same background. I also used Seaview to "stick" it to the tank and it looks awesome. Seaview is the best for stick on backgrounds, I don't know what I would do without it.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom