Bactershield for columnaris?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G_matto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wondering if anyone has tried bactershield for early signs of columnaris? Just lost a sword tail in a 16 hour period and now the other female has 2 tiny spots on her tail and the male has a small amount of white around his mouth. I'm treating my 20g as directed now.

Just wondering if anyone has tried bactershield for early signs of columnaris? Just lost a sword tail in a 16 hour period and now the other female has 2 tiny spots on her tail and the male has a small amount of white around his mouth. I'm treating my 20g as directed now.

When I had columnaris in my tank I used 2x's the Maracyn plus, that with lowered temp and kosher salt worked. After losing ALOT of fish I finally stopped it

I read about that stuff in the directions for the bactershield. It seems like it was a better option but I only had bactershield, tetra life guard tabs, or an off brand fix-all that seemed too sketchy. It seems like after 5 days of treatment and 5 water changes that I'm having some luck. The spots on my female swordies tail have cleared up almost completely and she's swimming around a lot more. I just have to wait and hope it didn't make its way internally.

Back
Top Bottom