Bad Anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alexrd09

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have these anenomes in my tank and they seem to be stinging most of my corals. I have tried aptasia X on them but it just seems to piss them off. How can I get rid of these they are everywhere?

Attachments

• DSCN0055.jpg
    DSCN0055.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN0056.jpg
    DSCN0056.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 138
More pics

Here you go

Attachments

• DSCN0053.jpg
    DSCN0053.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN0054.jpg
    DSCN0054.jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 146
Kinda blurry, but they look like aptasia. I've not used aptasia x- I have aptasia control by blue life. Works well for me. Make sure and shut down pumps and water flow so you dont accidently get it on the wrong thing. For the ones that were to deep for me to reach or in impossible spots... I bought some of the aptasia eating nudibranches....they work great. I havnt had to use the aptasia control stuff since I added them to my tank. They seem kida pricey for suck a tiny thing (i pd $20 ea) but over time paid for itself since i wasnt having to continue buying the poison. Maybe someone local has some you can borrow (or they've multiplied & need new home). They only eat aptasia. I didnt notice a big change right away... It took a couple weeks until I noticed a couple of pests i usually glared at was gone....then really looked hard and couldnt find any. I know mine are still alive because I spot them every once in awhile...so I take that to mean that they still pop up because the nudi is alive and grown alot. They just dont have a chance to grow big enough that I see them.
Good luck!

They are not aptasia they actually have a green color to them and dont actually look bad but they are stinging everything they come in contace with.

googlle "majano anemone images". there are quite a few varieties. i use kalkwasser paste in a syringe without the steel tip on it. same deal- shut off the flow so it doesn't blow around. i put some right on the mouth, then when it closes up i put another glob on the rest.

Back
Top Bottom