bad leak with homemade filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
ok, me and my buddy dug a 4600 gallon pond last summer and for the filtering we used two plastic 55 gallon barrells full of lava rock, floss, rocks, etc. and its hooked up to a submersible pump. my problem is this: when we were cleaning the barrels one of the plastic inlets broke on the side of the barrel. its just a 1 1/2 inch shower drain adapter and the pipe runs into it. the shower drain thing broke its seal and we've done everything to fix it, silicone, fiberglass, some cheap marine stuff at lowes, but it still leaks, any tips for making a seal on a curved surface? thanks, sorry this isn't exactly a fish tank topic

We had a bad leak between two sections of pond that we cut to go together. Silicone did not work but we went to Lowes and bought this stuff. It was one of fifty million Liquid Nails things waterproof of course, I think it was meant for bathrooms might have been an adhesive and it worked like a charm. If I can find the tube, I'll post it on here. Also, I went to Wal Mart in the paint section and found this silver tape that is supposed to be used to patch holes underwater. It works pretty good as well. A combo of the two might work.

try some hard plastic two-part epoxy(plastic bumper repair), get some sand paper and scuff down bolth sides mix some up slap it on and vwala instant plastic, water tight and strong.

Back
Top Bottom