Balloon Blue Ram Compatibility??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Strings2Treasures

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. I'm new to the forum, so I'm still learning my way around. Does anyone know if a Balloon Blue Ram and a Betta are compatible as long as I don't get more than one ram?:thanks:

Blue rams are lovely fish. Very sensitive too poor water conditions, I used to keep mine with discus not to sure with other fish, but you can give it ago trial and error that's how we all learn :) good luck!

Thanks JimmyD90. I guess I'm just nervous that one might pick on the other. I most likely will try it knowing that I'll have to watch them closely, and if any aggressiveness is displayed by either fish I'll have to return the Ram.

What size tank? I had a balloon ram and betta in a 20g for a while. They never bothered each other. Betas usually stay at the top, and rams at the middle/bottom, so they should bother each other. You need to have a well established tank for rams, they can be sensitive.

What size tank? I had a balloon ram and betta in a 20g for a while. They never bothered each other. Betas usually stay at the top, and rams at the middle/bottom, so they should bother each other. You need to have a well established tank for rams, they can be sensitive.

I have a 10 gallon lightly planted aquarium. Do you think it's to small for the 2 of them?

I think the tank would be considered well established. I have a 75 gallon tank that's been up and running for about 5 years now with great readings on ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, and the ph is always at 7.0. I put all the media I am using in my 10 gallon in my 75 gallon filter for a month to build a good colony of good bacteria on it. My 10 gallon has been running for 3 weeks now, and from day has never had any ammonia, or nitrites, the nitrates are 10. Thanks for letting me know about your experience with having Balloon Rams and Bettas in the same tank.

Back
Top Bottom