Bamboo shrimp and loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Etunes

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was wanting to get some loaches (any kind) but i have bamboo shrimp. My question is will the loaches eat my larger shrimp like bamboo shrimp or vampire shrimp like they do the smaller ghost shrimp? I know that clown loaches will do to the size they get but what about the smaller loaches like yoyo loaches or kuhli loaches?

I've heard loaches will eat anything, so I'd be cautious about putting them with bamboo shrimp. Our bamboo's are with rams and/or tetras, and bettas. They're doing fine, but for something like a loach, ehhh I couldn't give you a good answer.

i dont think khulis would be able to eat them . yoyos maybe.but khulis dont get real big

I had three clown loaches that were over 11 inches or so each and I had amano shrimp and bamboo shrimp and cherry shrimp. No shrimp was ever harmed. Also clown loaches grow very slow. Mine that were 11 inches long were at least 7 yrs old. That is the only loach I would be concerned with. Yo-yos only get about 3 inches.

Well this is not for my tank, my older brother and my sister-in-law started there first tank a little while ago and i have been kinda guiding them through on what to do and they are having a major snail overrun and they want them gone. I know there are other ways to get rid of them but first they have to do it (there being lazy). So i know loaches eat shrimp and snails so i suggested it to them but i told them i didn't know if they would eat there bamboo shrimp (my brothers favirote thing in the tank). So if they will they don't want them but if it won't they want them. They haven't told me what kind of loaches they want but it would be along the lines of yoyo loaches and other small loaches.

The clown loahes will turn the substrate into a snail shell bed. They love them. They will swim around the tank with the snail shell on their lips. They also make a lot of noise at night sucken shell. I dont know what happens when they run out of snails.

Back
Top Bottom