Bamboo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gibberwatt

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just got a sprig of bamboo from my lfs, to create some top plant growth, and I was wondering, does bamboo require root tabs, or would liquid fertilizer be OK?:confused:

Thanks

are you planning on letting it grow out of the tank? you can only plant the bottom section the leaves have to be outside of the water.

Oh, thank you. I didn't know that. Sadly, I have a 6 inch sprig planted in a 15 tall - how can I make that happen? do I pot it, and let it float until it is long enough to be planted?

It will eventually die in the water. A lot of big chain stores sell it as an aquatic plant when it's really not.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

you could put on a suction cup, other thanthat it might just be easier to take it out altogether.

I feel so happy now. I can't believe I keep doing this. It seems to happen over and over and over again.:huh::eek:.....:huh::eek:......:huh::eek:

I keep buying things, thinking that they are what they say they are, and then discovering later on that they are not, infact, what they say they are (for example, the Petsmart aquatic plants counter has some excellent ribbon/peacock ferns)

Ik what you mean, what u gotta do tho is look up the plants before you buy them. You'll find allot like that.

I usually just Google them and reference sites like liveaquaria.com and aquatic plant central. But I've found the best deals you'll find are on the classifieds even with shipping cost.

Back
Top Bottom