Banded Coral Shrimp vs Pistol Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ekean45

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Banded Coral Shrimp. he has not shown any aggression at all towards other tank mates and coral. When something new is added to the tank, he is the first one out to inspect. They are supposed to be fairly peaceful but I have heard stories that they can be nasty. From what I've read, you can put other types of shrimp with them but I'm a little reluctant to do so. I have a couple of gobies and would love to put in a Pistol Shrimp to see the symbiotic relationship. Anyone have experiences with these together?

If you got a tiger pistol shrimp it should be fine because the pistol will be in his cave the whole time

ekean45 said:
60 gallons

In my 55 I have a CBS and a SCS the only aggression I have seen from my CBS is towards me 0_0. When I first put him in, my clown thought he was a cleaner and kept pestering him , he got the " clamps " once and I havent seen any other aggression .

Newfiereefer said:
In my 55 I have a CBS and a SCS the only aggression I have seen from my CBS is towards me 0_0. When I first put him in, my clown thought he was a cleaner and kept pestering him , he got the " clamps " once and I havent seen any other aggression .

I've seen the same thing with the clowns and CBS , I had a pair of domino damsels that would try to get a cleaning, finally they got the "clamps" and left that notion alone, but I have seen a couple reef/diving documentaries where it appeared to show CBS being a great little cleaner, I saw two examples one was an IMAX reef movie where a human let a CBS into her mouth to clean her teeth, and another was a news piece on Cubas protected reef area and a CBS was inside a huge 200lb groupers mouth cleaning away. But my CBS doesn't play, he threatens me off coming out of his hole waving his claws like a badass,lol

Back
Top Bottom