Banggai Cardinal Fish Will Not Eat !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcquillian

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have had the fish in the tank for a couple of days. He seems healthy and happy - no signs of aggression. His tank mates are one Clownfish and one Damsel. I have been feeding flake food to both the Clownfish and the Damsel, but have had little success with the Cardinal Fish. I have started using Bloodworms to see if that helps.

I have read that the male houses eggs in his mouth, and during this time will not eat. I just have a hard time believing that this fish purchased from my LFS would be carrying babies.

Any advice you can provided will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

it is not uncommon for new fish to not eat. You may try mysis shrimp or enriched brine shrimp. I would not worry just yet.

try some live black worms. Not a good long term food but enough to entice them to eat. Very small feeder guppies are good for the same thing.

My cardinal didn't eat for about 10 days after I brought him home. Now, he'll come up and take food from my fingers...total shameless pig...eats anything.

Back
Top Bottom