Barb Attacked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DesertFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I went to feed my fish tonight and noticed one of my barbs look like he was attacked. I hadn't noticed anything strange before tonight. It's a community tank, 11x Tiger Barbs, 4x Black Mollies, 2x Silver Mollies, 4x Pictus Catfish, 5x Zebra Danios. I've had all of the fish for months and not quite sure why all of a sudden this would happen...

Anyone have any ideas if this looks like an attack or am I missing some kind of possible disease? He is the only fish in the tank with visible damage. I'm a bit worried something is happening to my tank now. He is kinda keeping to himself now in the back of the tank.

Sorry for the not-so-great pictures...

Thanks!

img_1160000_0_5dfe92a0f89a524ec60fd957ee2fab1f.jpg

img_1160000_1_793d356916bebd94ef6eb23dfee44c30.jpg

img_1160000_2_de13ae6195d857fc371004222f87526a.jpg

Never seen it in barbs, but that looks alarmingly like HLLE.

From what I've read about HLLE it takes a while to develop while this 'damage' seems to have cropped up completely in 1-2 days. I generally inspect all of the fish daily and I never noticed anything out of the ordinary until tonight.

It's hard to see in these pics, but in addition to the damage around his eye, his lip is also damaged which is the main reason I figured this guy lost a fight... from what I've seen in the rare occasions when they get riled up they tend to attack each other with their mouths (my wife says they're kissing o_O)

He is still eating though so hopefully he'll recover :confused:

Back
Top Bottom