Barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gsxrownr

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a tiger barb that looked extremely close to being dead when I first looked at it. It was just floating upside down and it's body was curved a lil bit so naturally I thought it was dead. I went to get the net and noticed that he was back upright and hiding behind a rock, now he is away from all the other fish. I was jus wondering if this is a good sign he's dying or if their not always gonna be schooling with each other, any advice would be appreciated.

20gallon fresh water, 5 tiger barbs, 5 red wag platys, 5 neon tetras, and a rubber lip pleco.

My barbs sleep at un natural angles all the time I think its normal I've found them completely vertical with their noses pointing straight up to the top of the water

Some fish are weird. Last week one of my neons looked like it was having a stroke when I was feeding the fish in the morning. I figured it was a goner. Later that night it was back to normal and has looked healthy ever since.

Thank you for letting me know that but it turns out he really was a goner, woke up this morning and he was dead. Time to make another trip to the pet store lol.

:( I've only ever seen headstanding and tailstanding Tiger Barbs (according to tank flow), never laying on the side (when healthy).

Back
Top Bottom