Barnacle Blenny - Bursting with Personality!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnS

Aquarium Advice Regular
We recently added a barnacle blenny to our main tank. What a great addition he has been. They are the funniest little fish! The first thing we do when we look into the tank is play "where in the world is Carmen Santiago-Blenny". After searching for a while you'll find him poking up out of some hole or hiding under a frag. He's really curious and nosy, checking out every move we make, zipping around from one spot to another and peering over ridges. When we feed the tank he swims out and "sucks" food right out of the syringe that we use to spot feed our corals. Not sure what it is about him, but he is just a lot of fun to watch.

I don't know if that is indicative of blenny's as a whole, but the barnacle is certainly worth owning.

Just thought I'd pass that along . . .

yea i just got a lawnmower blenny yesterday, as he is still a bit timid he loves darting from rock to rock hiding and sneaking in them little kisses along the way.

I love mine. He has a ton of persoanlity too. We call him benji because he perches upright as if begging for food like a puppy dog would...it's really cute.

Benji's a pretty cute name for him. They do always look like they're begging. I can't even clean the glass without this guy rushing over to see what I'm doing.

Here's a picture of Barney...

Attachments

• p3012012.jpg
    p3012012.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 119
Back
Top Bottom