bass bluegill and other native fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caitlandm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How do I take care of these fish? Im definitely a beginner and acquired these to keep as bait fish and became overly attached. Does anyone know?

How do I take care of these fish? Im definitely a beginner and acquired these to keep as bait fish and became overly attached. Does anyone know?

you will need at least a 200 gallon tank. basic care requirements no heater as they are coldwater

The ones I have are only an inch long. Do I need that big of a tank for them at that size?

It would depend on the species of fish being kept.

The argument that they are used to large bodies of water could apply to nearly any wild caught fish. Centrarchids and cichlids are similar in many ways.

Actually they were caught in a very small puddle that had a stream flowing through.

according to another forum I go to that deals with native fish, depending on the kind of bluegill/sunfish up could have up to 6 in a 55, though these would be the smaller ones..bass is usually frowned upon due to the size they can get to.

if you would like a link to that forum you can pm me..it can be slow as far as getting post replied to, but I know there are quite a few in your neck of the woods on it.

They will and can eat anything they fit into their mouths so feeding them isn't hard. Just make sure to have a good filtration system and clean the tank regularly

Back
Top Bottom