Bass help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tseros7768

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've been on but I've acquired a largemouth bass baby. So far he's in a good tank by himself but he won't eat! At the most he's an inch long and he won't take worms that have been cut up or anything for that matter...it's been a week since his last meal so I know he's got to be hungry! If anybody could recommend cheap ways of getting him food, that'd be great!

Put some feeder guppies in with him
Our local pet store sells feeder fish 12 for a dollar.
Get something small and they will disappear in a few days.

Might eat live crickets.

I know nothing about Arizona other than bread goes stale within a minute of exposure to the Arizona air.
In Florida you could catch a bunch of gambusia and Sailfin mollies feed him the small ones and put the others in a tub with some coontail.
They would produce a steady supply of food.

When I feed him, I have the lights off in the area and I leave him be so I don't look like a predator or something....and I've considered feeding him fish, but he's like very small compared to feeders....his mouth would be lucky to fit in an adult ant at the most......

Back
Top Bottom