Bat ray pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bowhunterking

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im looking to create a bat ray touch pond.(possible anouther ray any good ideas?) I was woundering if any one has any experience keeping rays like this in a touch pond, or has worked with thme. What is there requirments, and special needs. I cant find to much seince these arnt ussualy kept privetly. i posted in the salt water form also just trying to reach everyone who might have any info.Thanks
Ron

Hi Ron! This certainly is an interesting endevour your going to tackle! Beyond even the slightest knowledge I can offer but I am very interested to see how your project progresses and hope you post updates. The only thing I can even remotely suggest is to visit a large aquarium and talk to the people responsible for their rays care. I know our aquarium in Camden Nj has an AMAZING 'please touch' ray pond with rays that are easily 4-6ft across. They really are quite fascinating! Good luck!

I hope to put one in the fish warehouse section of my future pet store. Which wont be for at least another 3 years but i will deff post along the way with ideas i get and eventually pics. Thank you for your support

I contacted the Atlantis aquarium li, NY care team today hopefully they can give me some information on the topic. If anyone here has anything please let me know

Did you have any luck in the sw section? Google the Adventure Aquarium in Camden nj & check out their stingray beach club.

image-378791035.jpg

image-1187401064.jpg

I didn't have any replays there... That's a nice aquarium, I'll look into contact info for there as as we'll

I realy like the leopard whip ray I haven't seen those befor, I def. want one of those to be in my touch pond. Now that I look at that I can't remember if it was the cownose or bat ray that I planned on getting but there basically the same.

this is very interesting and I love rays and wish I had the room to build a tank big enough for them. Don't quote me on this but if I had to guess it would need a big tank with other rays. Something along the lines of 20x20'. What's the biggest you'll be able to go?

I agree with jlk and contacting an aquarium of some sort that keeps them and studys their every movement to get answers.

Anyways just wondering if you've seen this
http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/Gallery/Descript/batray/batray.html

I will be building the building around the pond somewhat. Seince I don't have the building built. Sosa much space as I need I will have. And thank you for the link it was good info for me.

Back
Top Bottom