BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Getting back to it, some stems of ludwigia have some nice crimson tips other still have that weird green tint. Added some holes to the spray bar to help get Co2 to the back of the tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Bcarl what bubble counter do you use? Just had my aquatek break and need a new one.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My aquatek one leaked awhile back. I use GLA, it has a a check valve built in, highly recommend it.

Probably what I am going to do. I'm fuming right now with the aquatek. Can get the bubble counter and dry ferts in one shipment.

Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I am away from the tank for a few days, ill be back tomorrow with some updates. New regulator should come in tomorrow and im hoping to set it up on tuesday!

Alright update time! (Pic Heavy)

Did another water change today. It seems like some of the older ludwigia stems still have a weird green but a lot of the newer stems have the nice crimson color they should have. I added some Mg before I left, not sure if it helped but I am going to get better of dosing it since I am on RO water. The co2 was a little low while I was gone but I also turned the light down so no big deal there.

Star Repens look the best they have in 6 months.

Cut some of the new AR mini growth to try to promote new healthy growth. Replanted the tops of good growth I have gotten over the last week.

Interesting observation of the Pogo is the shorter leaves from when I was gone for 2 weeks now the needles look long and lush as ever.

I actually have some few promising buds off the Macandra, not holding my breathe... Lastly I got the new Regulator and iron chelate in today. I will post a review on the regulator when I get it running. I already "spiked" my traces with the iron chelate as well. Going to hold off on new plants for another week or 2 to see what else happens with these plants.Also hoping to get the reactor installed before the end of the month.
img_3203611_0_32a3251c2ca1ac4af030038ed6569248.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3203611_1_1befdfe83008933eb939c68dd46fc2c7.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3203611_2_e2517fb2b0f60d2d46a968d0f8279539.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3203611_3_b5a0f6b492b1e52088e804e9e003a56b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3203611_4_f464b97d8f666531c37d2e48e852d429.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3203611_5_fffeda818652742da94dbd775a04a120.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3203611_6_c1b02195d8ff299d587e4bcbe5f54ac4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks inviting for plants, maybe not so much for (certain fish). I only say that because I think I gassed out my rainbows last month. Since cutting back on lighting this year my CO2 needs are not as high as they were. I'm still fiddling with the Aquatek regulator's fine needle adjustment. A very, very minor shift of the knob and you go from 1 BPS to 4 BPS. Sounds like the GLA rig will be a sweet device.
Assuming those are identical, you should put the drop checkers on opposite sides of the tank to help check for consistent CO2 distribution.

The fish that are in there seem to be happy, including my surviving ram... It will be interesting to see what happens to the plants over the next week or two.

Had some delays with the CO2 tank. The deal i thought was too good to be true in fact was. Had to go to plan B hoping early next week.

Quick update, reactor is now built and should be installed over the next few days. Here's a FTS. Some signs of star repens melt but I still think some plants are still adjusting to the higher CO2. Tank will stay in "nursery" mode for a little while longer.
img_3206991_0_051f42bf98201baed6e8b504915725f6.jpg
img_3206991_1_2e100055d118c75ad8fba1dbbca8e1c6.jpg

Tank needs some more plants;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree, time to see how some new plants do that haven't been CO2 deficient for the last 6 months go... LOL

They've been well fed over here man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh trust me I see that. Im actually going to back off some of the macros this week.

Made some adjustments today. Pointed the spray bar towards the surface to create more rippling and try to get some more oxygen into the tank. Also cranked up my surface skimmer and put it one 100% to move more water on the surface.

Back
Top Bottom