BCarl's 26 gallon Bf Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So quick update, my BML should hopefully be here on friday but we will see.... My LFS did not have CPDs so I will either be getting some leopard danios or cherry barbs on thursday!

Plants added: ludwigia, bacopa, AR mini, downoi. Fish added: 3 cherry barbs. BML comes saturday, rummy nose tetras should come in next week!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405641646.402450.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405641646.402450.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 92
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405641677.794559.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405641677.794559.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 92
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405641710.797647.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405641710.797647.jpg
    253.5 KB · Views: 89
Quick question, i havent kept to many red plants before but i know the key components are light, phosphate and nitrates. I dose a little extra iron too. What should i aim to keep the phosphate and nitrates at?

Quick question, i havent kept to many red plants before but i know the key components are light, phosphate and nitrates. I dose a little extra iron too. What should i aim to keep the phosphate and nitrates at?

Curious about this as well.
What iron source are you using?
I believe Old Scales kept a 1:10 ration of phosphate to nitrate. He is where I got the AR mini from last year.

Im just using the flourish iron. I dose a 2 ml every few days. So if i had a phosphate of 2 ppm i would need a nitrate of 20ppm. Isnt that a bit high?

Heres a picture of the BML in action! I am blown away by the difference, the picture doesnt do it justice. Added my Rummys today and gave everything except the ludwigia and mermaid weed a trim. Thinking in a few weeks starting a RAOK weekly for trimmings. Let me know what suggestions you have.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405990844.890341.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405990844.890341.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 105
Nice tank! Mine is shaping up to be quite similar actually; 20H with a finnex fugeray planted+, I have ludwigia, bacopa, downoi, AR mini, and staurogyne repens in their as well as rummynose tetras. Quite odd lol. Looks good. A black background would be much better IMO.

So I take it that 24" with 2x 12" LED panels was worth sending the 18" back with a single 12" panel? Tank looks good, btw. :)

Fishperson: Thats funny sounds like we have almost identical tanks! And i liked the dark blue over the black it was personal preference. RAOK is random act of kindness send someone free trimmings as long as they pitch in for shipping

Brian: Yea, easily best decision ive made. Excited to get my GBR in a few weeks.

So the solenoid on my CO2 system has stopped working. I am hoping Aquatek comes through with a fix. Luckily its stuck open and not closed so I can still use the CO2. On another note I am wanting to get the GBRs soon but i have a feeling I may be overstocked. I have one small pleco, 7 rummy nose tetras and 4 cherry barbs. What do you think?

That's not so good..how old is it? I just got the same one:/ you should definitely get some rams to cheer yourself up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

haha! Brookster you might be on to something.... Spend money because I have to spend more money.... Brilliant!! Will my tank be overstocked though?

I don't think so..

Well that settles it b. Get you some rams!

Hell yeah! Ill pick them up from my LFS in a week or two... BML peeps did you guys notice your plants absorbing more CO2? Even with my solenoid issue I am having a harder time keeping the drop checker green. Id also assume i may need to adjust my ferts?

An increase in light means an increased need for most other things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Long overdue update pics! Everything is growing well the ludwigia grows like a weed. I am still struggling with the downoi. I do have 4 stems of ludwigia and 3 stems of red myrio I can send someone just pay shipping (Fresh2O has first dibs if he wants them). If you are interested let me know. Feel free to critique! I should get my GBRs soon!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407197808.176456.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407197808.176456.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 88
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407197833.054203.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407197833.054203.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 84
  • ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407197864.816338.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1407197864.816338.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts