Bcarl's 5 Gal. Hex Rimless Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use all of the above, the IAL and alder are supplemental feeding and combined with cholla, for some people, help lower pH levels. +1 on cuttlebone

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay quick question for my Buce people! Does the bulb HAVE to be attached to a rock, if so what would you recommend? Could you tie it to cholla wood?? Also will they be okay in 30PAR? Any general tips would help!

Okay quick question for my Buce people! Does the bulb HAVE to be attached to a rock, if so what would you recommend? Could you tie it to cholla wood?? Also will they be okay in 30PAR? Any general tips would help!

My Buce did good on driftwood ok rock and with roots in the substrate. Heck one time they were locked onto another plant and got shaded and they still grow leaves and flower. In a 29 gallon tank standard, with no ferts or co2 and marinelsnd stock lighting. I'm sure it will do good on Cholla... This might differ but my Buce seemed to grow quicker and flower more at higher temps...

Update coming tomorrow! Stay tuned folks....

Here is the update! Tank and shrimp are doing well. Added some buces today, they didn't look great after shipping but we will see. I am running a little too lean on macro so I will increase them a bit. Enjoy the pics!
img_3317237_0_7410f92bdc7dc6845a03cee77524eab0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3317237_1_b30cdde5ccfd74c70ae98b505c220870.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3317237_2_c19c397405c745d7bdd0f1252b26b915.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Thanks! Honestly its not that hard. You just need to think ahead when planning which plants to get.

The great part about this tank is how slow everything grows. I have begun to re-appreciate low techs. In high light tanks its easy to lose control fast, low tech you have plenty of time to fix it.

That's so true! I turned my 24/7 up to fast and now my tank is getting bad green thread algae. I'm only running the 24/7 @ 50% now, might have to knock it down to 40% for a while

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Update time! Plants are really starting to grow in, hoping to see more downoi sideshoots soon. I have tons of baby shrimp scouring the bottom of the tank. I am hoping to add tiger shrimp in about a month or so. So far I have been a little disappointed with the buces as they still do not look healthy. Enjoy the pics!
img_3326519_0_327a441ccc4add3a609f42bd81d9ff6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3326519_1_6764e483ca15deb64c8ead8d6cba009a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
img_3326519_2_bd2c28fc5e5196d8d7e16865c87f9c49.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks great b!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys!! Bigger things coming!

Looks great B!
Looking forward to the rimless ?