beautiful!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr Burns

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i can't stop looking at this... 8O
174.jpg

i'm hoping to try something to this effect in the center of my tank (even though i don't have a 3ft deep/high tank to work with like this one!). how should i go about fastening all of the anubias and java fern to the driftwood? fastening driftwood to driftwood?

http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/2001.cgi?&op=showcase&category=0&vol=3&id=47

To fasten anubias and java fern, use narrow strings, that should make it. With time, the string will disappear under the roots. Impressive tank!

that was fast! i had a feeling that's how it was done, i just needed to double check. thanks everybody!

very cool idea - I would love to see it when you are done!!

to get to the level of growth that's in that picture, it's going to take about a year...

i may increase the width of my tank to 18" just so i have a little more room to accomodate something like this... i REALLY need to stop planning everything and just get started! :lol: ::sigh::

I really can't wait to see how this turns out, especially after all of the planning. You can get pieces of Swahala wood that are tall and flat, so that they would stand upright like in the picture. They are very rooty and smooth, and will sink immediately. I had to soak mine for only a week before the tannins were adequately reduced. Several of my LFS carry it, as does the chain Perfect Pets.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH discus and plants= the perfect aquarium :D

Well I don't exactly know yet TG. Because of all the algae probs in my 125g, I've yet to move in a single discus :( . In fact the tank is in total blackout mode (covered with a comforter) :?

to get to the level of growth that's in that picture, it's going to take about a year...

I can't speak for the anubias, but the Java Fern may do that in 6 months or so.

Brian, one day I will get past the notion that Discus are " outta my league"...

...excellent...

i can't wait to get started. it should begin in a month or two because i have to help my brother hang and finish some drywall at his new house. once that's done, we'll start right away on my tank.

btw, CC...i don't remember if you ask me this or not about the dimensions of the tank. i think i only explained the height. the 55" length serves a dual purpose. first and foremost, that fills out the area of the room it's going to be put in. in a way, it should look almost like a built-in piece of furniture. secondly, 55" is a lot easier to do calculations for when designing along golden means (for instance, the copy of the mound that's pictured on the first page will go along the right mean). 55 divided 5 is 11, so finding those visual balances is much easier than trying to cut up 48" into 5 equal portions. width is completely independent. it started at 16, but i may push it to 18 if i'm feeling frisky come construction time.

corvus discus aren't out of anyones league. It's a matterr of want and devotion :wink:

Wow, funny to see that tank so long ago. All that Anubias Grew into a huge lump of leaves, completely to the surface. We have since reaquascaped the aquarium. It isn't ready for photos yet, but lets just say...

Val + Altum Angels = PHAT!

Back
Top Bottom