Been a while since i've posted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somethingclever

Aquarium Advice Freak
But i am back, and with a turtle this time haha. Gotta say i love how the place looks now!

Anyway, so i got me a western painted slider, his name is princess peach (my wifes fault haha) and here is a pic of his set up.

img_2358849_0_d2aa9b55740caca1250419c60fe163b4.jpg

He's in a 75 gallon with some mollies and a couple bala sharks.
got a api filstar xp3 canister filter.

and here's a pic of peach
img_2358849_1_3e363fa62c950f3727060555735c7aae.jpg

Glad i have a reason to post in here again :dance:

I really like that cage setup, I never even thought of doing something like that. Thanks for posting those pictures.

:banghead:Wait... NOT slider. Western painted turtle

I was wondering for a second there, but you caught it LOL. Looks like you have it pretty much under control, however If you don't have one a UV bulb will probably be a good idea for these guy.

That set-up is pretty cool, are you finding that he eats much in the water or do you have to feed him up on the deck? IME these guys produce a lot of waste, so hopefully you are overfiltering the tank by quite a bit.

I was wondering for a second there, but you caught it LOL. Looks like you have it pretty much under control, however If you don't have one a UV bulb will probably be a good idea for these guy.

That set-up is pretty cool, are you finding that he eats much in the water or do you have to feed him up on the deck? IME these guys produce a lot of waste, so hopefully you are overfiltering the tank by quite a bit.

His bulb is an MVB so he's getting uva/uvb together. He always eats in the water, i have never attempted to feed him outside of it though i think he would eat just find out. He has a huge appetite.

The filter i am using is rated for 175 gallons so yea, i also do daily water changes to stay on top of the waste. :thanks:

His bulb is an MVB so he's getting uva/uvb together. He always eats in the water, i have never attempted to feed him outside of it though i think he would eat just find out. He has a huge appetite.

The filter i am using is rated for 175 gallons so yea, i also do daily water changes to stay on top of the waste. :thanks:
Excellent! I figured you were on top of it. They are a lot terrestrial than many other turtles, so I wasn't real sure if he would eat in the water for you. Mine in the past always ate on land.

Back
Top Bottom