been waiting to post this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fishkeeper88 said:
can someone tell me why my flame red aulonocara goes from beautiful to dull white when the water parameters are perfect?

The nervous system directs color change in response to stimuli such as aggressive tankmates or predators, sometimes diet plays a role or stress.

never mind i answered my own question lol the dominance is going to flip flop alot until they all color up and show. its really funny as soon as i said this he changed color and took the dominant roll lol

running two whisper 60s

i just bought two air stones a 10 inch bar and a 14 inch bar
running with dual whisper 60s for more push
dont ever forget check valves they have saved me so many times

Attachments

• running dual whisper 60s 001.jpg
    running dual whisper 60s 001.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 70
  • running dual whisper 60s 002.jpg
    running dual whisper 60s 002.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 72
  • running dual whisper 60s 003.jpg
    running dual whisper 60s 003.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 87
i want oppinions

should i add more hiding places for my fish?
i like the look of the scape right now but i am afraid the fish need more dens
they seem a little tense i spent 143 dollars on the four rocks inside
what should i do?

They would probably love it if ya did ;) mine really appreciate the extra spots to hide in... I'm pretty heavily stocked too tho so I made sure there were plenty of hidey holes. They have even dug dens under things :) Cichlids are def. Not cheap and quite an investment, I have learned that over the last few months lol. Check Ebay, I got 27 pounds of flat rock for $27 with free shipping, I then siliconed them together to form caves and what not, here is my scape....

Attachments

• attachment-25.jpeg
    attachment-25.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Yup, I have spent about $2.50 - $3 per pound of Texas Holey rock and I think I still need more. Cichlids do def need lots of hiding spots to break line of sight. Gets expensive quick.

aulonocara

can anyone tell me what kind of aulonocara this is?
it looks like a reverse jake
it has orang by its gill that does not reach the tail and it is mostly bluish purple
its 3inches long as of now

Attachments

• blue 001.jpg
    blue 001.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom