Before and After (Pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoldieLocks1

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I got super fed up with plastic. Back breaking work though, I feel sorry for you guys that have really big tanks. The after pics aren't very good, the water still isn't clear yet and I really would like more rocks!

Here you go:-

And how it turned out...

I actually used cardboard and bin liners to make the background! :)

Oh, thank you! You think? What would you say for some long plants in the back? Break up the black background. And hide that really annoying water mark! Lol

Yeah, some tall plants would look great. Fake or real, but I'd stick with natural colored if you go fake.... not the pink, orange, and blue ones ;)

GoldieLocks1 said:
Oh, thank you! You think? What would you say for some long plants in the back? Break up the black background. And hide that really annoying water mark! Lol

Great change! Much better.
I do agree that adding plants or a background will make it even better.

Nice tank!
I also have to agree that once you go planted, there is no going back. There is just something about seeing fish gracefully swimming through a thicket of plants.

Aww thank you guys for the lovely response!! :) I will definitely put some long plants in the background. Do you think some smaller plants too? Oooo! Maybe I could attach some Java Moss to a rock?!? What do you think?

Aaron, thats the scary part 'no going back' LOL. And Jonathan, I agree with the fake plant colours. NEVER again! Lol.

That is a fine looking tank! I agree with adding some natural looking plants, either fake or real. You could have some tall ones in back and maybe a few shorter ones in the middle.

I really like the stand for your tank too, the setup looks so clean! It must be an english thing, seems all the tanks abroad are always so clean and sleek LOL

That is a fine looking tank! I agree with adding some natural looking plants, either fake or real. You could have some tall ones in back and maybe a few shorter ones in the middle.

I really like the stand for your tank too, the setup looks so clean! It must be an english thing, seems all the tanks abroad are always so clean and sleek LOL

Thank you Carey! I was constantly looking at everyone's tanks all nice and natural, and it occurred to me to do the same!
I am soo going to do what everyone has suggested! What do you think of my Java Moss suggestion?
Really? HAHAHAHA. It's a range called Elite. Really nice tanks, I did notice that most American tanks are wooden?

Yep, we go for the heavy and gaudy on this side of the pond lol

I think the java moss on a rock would look great! Plus it would bring some dimension to the tank too. :)

Not too scary!
I think some shorter plants in the middle to foreground area of the tank give it more depth. Java moss is pretty good, along with smaller plants like banana plants. Plantgeek.net is the resource for plant info if you need to know requirements, potential heights, etc.

Are those a type of goldfish? If so - you may have to be extra careful in choosing live plants because goldfish are notorious for making salads out of aquarium greenery.

Aaron, thank you! I will look at the site soon. So, your suggesting give the tank a bit of depth with different heights/levels of plants? Top, middle and bottom...

Vircomore, yes the are commonly called Yellow Goldfish. I think anyway... I was thinking that myself! I have put it peas and lettuce before but they didn't seem interested. But I am guessing plants is just a different thing all together. Lol. Do you know plants that they don't like munching too much?

Back
Top Bottom