Beginner Coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddek1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So this is my first post on here. I have a 29 gallon biocube that has been set up for 6 months now. Everything has been going well, meaning I haven't killed anything. I purchased a pulsing Xenia about a month ago and it has been doing great. It has gown exponentially but the only thing is it doesn't seem to pulse. My ph is is a constant 8.1-8.3 and my ammonia nitrite and nitrate levels are 0. The guy at the fish store said I should get a protein skimmer, of course the jerk tells me this after he sold me the coral. Is it a problem that the xenia doesn't pulse or should I not worry about it? None of it's tank mates bother it and it seems to be growing. Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum!

If youre doing your weekly water changes you shouldnt need a skimmer. :)
I'm running a 29g cube too and do weekly water changes and it keeps everything kosher.

Has you xenia ever pulsed? It can be a finicky coral. Mine sometimes doesnt pulse sometimes it does. I had some in my 55g a while ago and it didnt' pulse for months.

Thanks. I'm sure its a pulsing xenia. I've done my research and I'm positive. How much water do you recommend changing each week?

I change out about 3-4g a week. Depends if I feel like standing bent over for the extra minute it takes. lol

I figure one bucket in one bucket out. Nice and easy. I am not running 0 trates though, so I'm sure i can up my pwc amount. I also have a special needs cube so I'm constantly feeding it. So I may an extreme case. hehe...

Your zens should be good thay sometimes pules when feeding maby see if thay puls when the lights go out I have a few diffrent colones and thay all act different lol. Thay grow like crazy when kept well

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom