berlin protein skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hotskate

Aquarium Advice Freak
okay tom i should be recivign my protein skimmer it is the berlin classic with a rio 1200 pump? how do i work it what do i need to do etc etc all adivce would be great im doing it in my sump.....

TIA :idea:

www.redseafish.com has the manual in .pdf format. Helped me hook mine up. Just make sure the little square baffle is in the bottom of the middle tube. Mine fell out and I got what looked like a tornado in there :)

We tried using a RIO 2800SS for a main pump and it was real loud. I use it to move water to the sump now.

I have a MAG7 for my main pump and a MAG5 for my skimmer. My tank is only 75 gal though.

well deppends. the rio you have you say is a 2100? i assume that means 2100 GPH? so if thats the case i would (if it were me) replace it with a mag 24. If your trying to reach 2400 GPH.

im goign to wind up getting a mag or the redsea pump not sure which oen yet i got the skimmer on ebay i received it today it was missing the venturi cohen so im waiting for that to arrive

Back
Top Bottom