Berlin Turbo Protein Skimmers from Red Sea

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scatcat

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you think would this be a good protein skimmer for my 140? It's on sale for $115.00

My top pick is the ASM G-3 for under 200g. C'mon Christmas!

To late guys I've ordered I think it will do just fine. I just hope it's not to big for a 140g.

If you ordered the one on sale at Petsmart.com, it is backordered and will probably not be shipped. This is a clearance item and may not be re-ordered.
I saw that deal 3 days ago and it was on backorder then. I hope you get one.

The Berlin skimmer is not a very good skimmer IMO. But if you ordered it already you can make it somewhat decent by putting a larger pump then recommend on it, something in the range of 900 gph. I am switching mine out soon, but I currently have a mag 9.5 running my Berlin. The Berlin requires constant tweeking and its performance is affected dramatically by the water level in your sump it should be submersed at least 9 inches of water to skim anything. I would not recommend this skimmer for a any tank especially a 100+ gallon tank.

good luck! But I would be willing to bet within 6 months you will be buying a new skimmer.

Well I can always cancel it. It's the hang on kind. I can use it in the sump or I can hang it on the back.

Personally I would cancel it and pay a little bit more money for a better skimmer, your tank will thank you for it. And you will appreciate not having to adjust the thing constantly everyday.

just my own opinion though.

Back
Top Bottom