Best air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kalikingsmoke

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a deep 80 gallon aquarium. I was wondering what would be the best affordable air pump? Ive been looking at the deep blue spears but theres not much reviews on them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I like the Whisper AP 300 dual outlet (or AP 150 if you want a single outlet) pumps. With any luck you can catch one on an e-bay auction for under $50 (I've gotten several that way) and I've never had a problem with any of them. Been using them for years in my 75's and 90's, even in the 220, with not so much as a worn out diaphragm.
The Whisper blue dome models are junk, don't waste your time/money on those, but the AP models are completely different.

Ive been running the whisper "blue dome" pumps since i started keeping fish 3 years ago. One of them was a hand me down that my uncle had since 2005. I still run it on my 29 and it works great

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

API 40 is great and willlast a lifetime. You can also add other tanks and it can handle it no problem. They are quiet as well

Ive been running the whisper "blue dome" pumps since i started keeping fish 3 years ago. One of them was a hand me down that my uncle had since 2005. I still run it on my 29 and it works great

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

They're worthless for deep tanks, not enough pressure, and one side of the blue dome double outlet model failed after a week or two. Replaced the diaphragm twice, and it still happened again.

Back
Top Bottom