Best air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grode15

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I'm going to buy a air pop for my tank and was wondering what is a good one that will last at least 2 years. So far the tetra whisper 60 looks like a good one. Also tell me if I'm wrong that to set it up all you need is the air pump,tuning,check valve,and a bubbler?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That's called a check valve I think I put it on the list.

Using an Air Pump

So I'm going to buy a air pop for my tank and was wondering what is a good one that will last at least 2 years. So far the tetra whisper 60 looks like a good one. Also tell me if I'm wrong that to set it up all you need is the air pump,tuning,check valve,and a bubbler?

Hello gro...

Tetra "Whisper" has a good product. Not sure why you need to use one. If you have a decent filter system, you'll have sufficent aeration, which is normally the reason to use the air pump. But, you're the head waterkeeper.

B

Hello gro...

Tetra "Whisper" has a good product. Not sure why you need to use one. If you have a decent filter system, you'll have sufficent aeration, which is normally the reason to use the air pump. But, you're the head waterkeeper.

B

Eh? Every tank needs bubbles - vital! (Just kidding although I confess I like air pumps and have only recently weaned myself off bubble maker toys).

The reason thinking about getting one is because I'm getting rid of one of my hob filters and last time it broke all my fish were gasping for air like there was not enough oxygen even though my fluvial c4 hob was still running. Also I wanted to get a bubble wall for my tank so that's another reason.

Tetra whisper is really good. They will make some noise down the road and there's A couple reviews on amazon that tell you how to fix it. Also really good to put a mouse pad or rubber mat under it, that cuts out some extra noise

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hello gro...

B

I have good filtration but still run a big air pump for looks and to make sure I have plenty of ox in the hotter months

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've been using the Whisper AP 300's for years w/out any problems. The AP 150 is a single outlet, 300 is dual outlet. Tried the dual outlet Whisper 100 blue dome model, and the diaphragm on one side kept tearing, finally threw it away after replacing parts every couple weeks. If you set the pump above the water level you don't need a check valve.

I have good filtration but still run a big air pump for looks and to make sure I have plenty of ox in the hotter months

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Same here. It gets hot out here in California and my tank gets to 84°F. I run dual canister filters and three airstones.

Thanks for all the answer I'm going to get one of the tetra whisper air pumps.

Back
Top Bottom