Best Aquarium Temperature

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bamadude91

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently purchased an Aqueon 29g Deluxe Kit. I'm having a bit of an issue with the water temperature because with this 100W heater that came with kit (cheap I'm sure) there's no happy medium. Center setting keeps it about ~74-76F and one click to the right and it's 80F. I'm stuck with the heater for the a little while. My question is which temperature is better for my Tiger Barbs? I know the range is 72F-82F, but considering the inflexibility of my heater, which end is better? 74F just feels so cold, and I don't want to freeze them.

Personally I think I'd go with the 80F if your sure it won't go any higher and cook them. Heaters like that can also be very inconsistant in keeping the water at a set temp. Do you have any live plants?

Nope. I guess I can increase the temperature and watch it closely.
I was amazed when I opened the kit and the heater wasn't an Aqueon heater. Gotta love capitalism and the easy way to pocket a buck or two.

Hi I have 8 tiger barbs and I keep their tank at 80 degrees and they seem absolutely happy with the warm water they are still very active with each other and their tank mates...good luck

I've purchased a total of 10 small Tiger Barbs for my 29g (not 10 at once. some replacements) and have had 7 die. I returned the fish with a water sample. They used API liquid test kit and said my water parameters were excellent and refunded me the money. Water is dechlorinated and temperature is slowly rising. About 76/77F. I'm guessing it's a sick batch of Tigers? I got Tigers because of their hardiness and high activity level. Whatever it is causes them to be fine one minute and within 10-30 min be on their backs dead. Any ideas? I have 3 survivors at the moment.

I had 1 tiger barb kill another tiger barb, a silver tipped shark, and a Pleco all in a matter of a day.... Fine one day, trouble the next..... You may have one being more aggressive then the others

Back
Top Bottom