Best at removing algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomtom14

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all i have a 15 gallon marine tank. I have 2 turbo snails, 2 red legged hermits and a cleaner shrimp for a clean up crew. I also have some soft corals 2 clowfish and a six line wrasse. I wanted to know what would be the best thing for removing algae in a marine tank. If its a fish mobile invert etc. Even if the fish/mobile invert cant fit in my tank i would still like to know what it is. By algae i mean algae in general as i know some fish/mobile inverts will only eat a certain type of algae. All answers much appreciated.

Herbivores eat different things. One may eat one type of algae and not another, so you'll have to say which algae you are referring to.

Diatoms and film algae. 1 for each if there isn't a grazer of both. Got a small bit of each in my tank.

What size tank is this? If you buy some nerite snails they may eat it, cerith may as well, but then they will starve to death once it's gone. Probably better to reduce nutrients and starve the algae instead.

Its a 15 gallon and thank you for the answers very helpful I will try and starve the algae and if that doesn't work I might get a nerite snail.

I found that the astria snail does a great job of eating algae! I have 3 in my 40 gal and they really help in my overstocked tank!

Nutrients control is the key. I use toothbrush for hair and other type of algae when it become a problem.

Cleaning crew can help.

Back
Top Bottom