Best Backgrounds for Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AddictedtoFishNoW

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, just wanted to see what ideas are best for African cichlid backgrounds.. I have currently black background but I want to change it, It's to boring for me and I wanted to know what you guys have or any suggestions? And any site you guys recommend online? Thanks a lot!:cool:

I have a blue to dark blue in my 90 and 125.... My 140 my son got me a green river type planted back ground with moss stones I think ( don't know how to explain it and can't really see it with LEDs) but it actually looks cool with the natural rocks cape. He ordered it off eBay. I was sure I wasn't going to like it, but it's my fav....

Convict2161 said:
Sorry for the double pic. iPhone app keeps sending error messages.

I've been having trouble last few updates too... If I post a pix sometimes I can't view thread ????

Bl80 said:
I've been having trouble last few updates too... If I post a pix sometimes I can't view thread dde16dde16dde16dde16

Yeah I've had tons of trouble since the last update!

The background you get really depends on how your tank is set up and what your tastes are. Can you post a pic of your tank? That way we're not making blind suggestions ;-)

When you're in the reply window there is a + next to the send button, click it to add pics :-D

Heres a picture, hope it works, took me 45 minutes to figure out lol how to make it smaller

Attachments

• FishtankAsh.jpg
    FishtankAsh.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 239
i like solid colors so it doesnt take away from the beauty/looks of the fish... black,purple,or dark blue...

I would do one with vivid green plants with sporadic rocks. Look at my photo album called Skittles tank...the last pic has the type of background I'm thinking might be good. It's got a lot in the background but because my fish are brightly colored it doesn't take away from the fish. AND, because of the way I have my tank planted most people think it's real lol. Just my thoughts :-D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom