Best canister filter? Good price?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well it does cost more. The marineland is 190 and the fx5 is 233. Or atleast these are the best prices I've found on them so far. I know the fx5 has a good rep, but my lfs (a good one) reco'd the marineland and said it's easier to get replacement parts...so I'm torn. I can't find an eheim cheap enough so at this point I'm just trying to choose between the two. This will cost more than anything I've ever purchased for any of my tanks so I'm just feeling a little indecisive. :blink:

siva said:
Well it does cost more. The marineland is 190 and the fx5 is 233. Or atleast these are the best prices I've found on them so far. I know the fx5 has a good rep, but my lfs (a good one) reco'd the marineland and said it's easier to get replacement parts...so I'm torn. I can't find an eheim cheap enough so at this point I'm just trying to choose between the two. This will cost more than anything I've ever purchased for any of my tanks so I'm just feeling a little indecisive. :blink:

I felt that way about my 305, but it was the best move I made and happy I did. Like it so much I want one for my 37g tall, but will hold off if I can convince my GF to upgrade that one to a 55 or 75 so my Moors can really open up :D.

I was juuust looking at a 29 bio cube on CL. I'm going to have to join a 12 step program or something..this is getting ridiculous lol

If you want to save a buck go to ebay and look at the sunsun filters. They are decent filters and are wildly cheap.

This is no shining endorsement but friends of mine bought 2 of the aquatraders canisters for like $50 each. They seem a tad louder than my fluvals but my buddies rave about them.

I just ordered the gosh dang fx5. I didn't really realize initially that's it's for up to 400 gals. How could I order one for 150 gals to save 43 bucks..that wouldn't make sense. Plus if I ever upgrade his tank I can keep the same filter and still have triple filtration. Haha right now he's gonna have like septuple filtration :D

The FX5 just arrived....wow...haha..this thing is quite a beast!

It comes up to my knees. It is a monster. Cleaning it isn't too bad though. Try to run the drain to a hose so you can move it out easier. :-D I still have to get one so I have to lift mine full of water. lol

That looks like a great deal. Anyone have anything bad to say about these?

We just bought the Marineland C530 last month, April 5th 2011, at BigAlsOnLine for $189 with at $20 mail in rebate.

Within two hours the water had lost it's greenish tint, free floating particles gone but left the old Eheim 2222 running until the new filter established itself.

It's a big filter, 12.5 x 12.5 x 20 high!

Back
Top Bottom