Best cichlid rocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The slate looks good, but I love the holey rock. I have to labs that can compete with any pair of rabbits out there, and the only reason a couple from each batch survive is the rock.

How would I go about ordering those rocks? Online? I've been to a couple of my local pet stores an they don't have those. I can find the slate at Home Depot

Rocks at pet stores are straight retarded in price. Definitely picking up some slate from Home Depot tomorrow all thanks too this particular thread thanks everyone

Rocks at pet stores are straight retarded in price. Definitely picking up some slate from Home Depot tomorrow all thanks too this particular thread thanks everyone

Yes they def. are overpriced Home Depot all the way

Just re did my slate rock from Home Depot. Always fun and easy to deal with. Its in the back in the landscaping area. They're sold as a large piece. 1 piece got me this

Attachments

• image-1950868737.jpg
    image-1950868737.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 101
Just got back from there. Asked a guy and heyday said no they didn't have it and me being who I am just wrote him off as another moron and went and checked myself and found some...

Yea it's kept out in the yard at my home depot. I used it on my fireplace when I built it.

Alright cool, I may be investing in some soon

CHECK THE BOTTOM! I was in such a rush (it's 16 degrees here) that I didn't check so now ill be doing alot of chiseling, sanding and boiling. Save yourself the worry about the glue(very small amount and chisel's right off but still)

Mostly just the glue right now and than I sand the area down also. I haven't really figured out what I want too do haha

That's the best part is figuring out how to set them up

For me i've go for the lace rock and some red lava rock for my african cichlids

Like in these 2 pics

Attachments

• image-3494987717.jpg
    image-3494987717.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 89
  • image-2145895340.jpg
    image-2145895340.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 80
I went to lowes today and they didn't have any slate. Bumber. Apparently it's seasonal. But it's ok because I found this web site that sell some really nice branchy drift wood.

I went to lowes today and they didn't have any slate. Bumber. Apparently it's seasonal. But it's ok because I found this web site that sell some really nice branchy drift wood.

Did you look in their outside section for the slate? Because you will actually find it in perfect squares in the tile section! That's where I stumbled upon it when I was looking to scape my tank. There usually wrapped in plastic straps and cardboard in a pack. Hope this helps ya!

Back
Top Bottom