best cleanup crew snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
water12 said:
Oh wow thats a really nice coloration on those! I'll try to keep an eye out for them locally. Thanks for the suggestion!

I believe that is actually a color form of a nerite snail. As a matter of fact, Severum Mamma just happens to be selling those right now! If you're interested...

Oh wow thats a really nice coloration on those! I'll try to keep an eye out for them locally. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you can't find them locally, liveaquaria.com is selling three different color versions of them, including the red one. I'm going to go see them at their retail outlet this weekend, hopefully they have them in stock.

Borderlesscott said:
Red Onion snails, they really help keep my tanks clean and don't reproduce in freshwater.

That's a tracked nerite snail. I have some in my tank. I also really like the zebra nerites. Horned nerites are a bit smaller and more capable of eating algae off of plant leaves. This page has some amazing looking nerites, take a look:

http://www.petshrimp.com/discussions/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3638

Back
Top Bottom