Best CO2 reactor/diffuser?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aam4987

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am currently using this diffuser for my new pressurized system. Are there any better options to better dissolve the CO2 into the water?

Attachments

• 1405594-center-1.jpg
    1405594-center-1.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 81
You'll likely want to look into an inline griggs reactor or an inline cerges reactor.

Both are cheap and easy to build, or you can buy them.

Here's my griggs reactor (black plastic tube on the right hand side)

3" pipe x 20" tall:

GPkm94W.jpg

Inline diffusers are great and fairly easy to build. However if you just want a ceramic diffuser, the GLA atomizers are my favorite. They create the finest mist I've ever seen a diffuser make and allow you to use less CO2 and still achieve optimum levels of gas in your water.

Folks might laugh, but I've been using a couple of 'cheap' atomic CO2 diffusers from that auction site that I paid $12 a piece for and they're still going strong after 4 years. Can't see paying any more than in all honesty ! They are also on smaller 10/20 Gallon tanks. Any larger I'd go the 'Griggs' style as advised above.

Last one I used was a GLA knock-off from eBay (about $10-12). Worked fine. This was for a 20g. For a larger tank I would look into a reactor.

I purchased the Sera large,Max mix large and UP inline diffuser with a porous core . I have a fluval 406 the UP seemed the most logical small convenient no moving parts. I noticed that it can dissolve up to 1000 CO2 microbubbles in a minute, which is plenty for a 100-gallon tank. On the other hand, if you have a small aquarium or do not have that many plants, you can dial the pressure down. :)

I love the jc&p diffuser and the price is really good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom