Best external canister filter ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best external canister fitler

• Rena XP series

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Fluval

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Generic off brand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other ??

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like fluval personally. But a guy on here named secuono had a few Rena XP1s for only like 25$ plus shipping. They are rated for up to 45gal so the two of them would be good for a 55gal. Just depends of your size of tank

I have an ehiem ecco (2334 I think) and a rena xp4, I've had both of them on my 47g column reef tank ( at different times of course) I like them both, but I think I like the xp4 a little better because it is a little more user friendly. The ehiem seems to be a little better made though. The xp4 can use any type of media you can fit in the basket for the most part, where the ecco you probably would stick with the type of media that comes with it (stony pebbles bio media) where the xp4 I run filter floss, sponges, live rock rubble and some bio media.

I have a Fluval 206 and I love it. But a lot of the super experienced people on here really like Reba XP canisters.

If i had more money i would have gotten a fluval fx5. I instead bought a sunsun (aquatop) 304b w uv lamp. Have been running it for seceral months now w no problems. It gets very good reviews and you cant beat it for the price imo. I paid $100 shipped for mine off of ebay. I am very pleased. Not to mention you can get 2 aquatops+shipping for less than one fx5.

Well I found that I could get a fluval 306 OR a 405 for pretty much teh same price so I picked up a 405 for $129.00 shipped. Hell....I figured for gal per hr I couldn't beat that.

I guess we'll see !

Back
Top Bottom