Best filter for 29 g betta tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brennae

Aquarium Advice Addict
I need something with good filtration for my betta and cories. The tank is planted with sand bottom. I'm not not opposed to a canister. I just don't know what brand or model is best for this size tank. Thanks !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My Fluval U3 canister gets the job done in my 29 gallon saltwater. It's also been in freshwater and brackish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Many choices. What you should look for is gph; 150gph min to 300gph max. Depending on your stocking level, which most people tend to stock heavily, shoot for the high end.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

GPH isn't indicative of filtration capacity, and that being said she has a betta and cory tank.

Due to this, I assume her bioload wouldn't be too high. Even if it is, the betta wouldn't appreciate the current. You could run a sponge filter. These work remarkably well. Tell me if you need help building one. If you want to buy one, Hydor makes a good sponge filter.

Or, you can use a Nat Geo canister filter. They are the same as Eheim Ecco (which is pretty nice) but they a percentage of the money. The CF30 would work for you.

I have a fluval 206 on my 29g and love it. If you go too low on your flow just be careful of dead spots occurring.

I have 7 cories and 1 betta so not much bioload. I do have a sponge filter but was looking for something more without a lot of current. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had a Marineland 200 in my 29 and liked it, but then it broke and I put in a Fluval/aqua clear 200 gph hang on back and I LOVE it. It was about $40 and is very quiet, and I like being able to customize the media similarly to a canister.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom