Best fish food...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
NLS vs. Northfin vs. Omega One, which is better?

I'm an NLS guy. My fish seemed to be almost immediately more vibrant after I switched to it from Hikari. It might sound a bit more like a laundry endorsement, but even on my corydoras habrosus their whites seem whiter and the blacks seem blacker:ermm:

I'm an NLS guy. My fish seemed to be almost immediately more vibrant after I switched to it from Hikari. It might sound a bit more like a laundry endorsement, but even on my corydoras habrosus their whites seem whiter and the blacks seem blacker:ermm:

I have NLS Thera A with garlic in it, but my fish REFUSE to eat it. If I soak it in GarlicGuard will that entice them to eat it, even though garlic is already in it?

I haven't tried that particular product, I'm currently using NLS Grow .5mm sinking pellets and NLS Algae Max 12mm sinking wafers. My rasboras weren't initially too interested in the sinking pellets until I started crushing about half of what I'd add with a spoon or butterknife. It seems like they just didn't associate it as food before hand, but now they go friggin' nuts for it, crushed or not. I even catch them swimming down to the bottom to pick at the wafers for my shrimp and cories now!

This would probably work with any food item, but the rasboras are basically 'trained' to start feeding when I dip the end of a plastic dosing syringe in the tank. I put a bit of water in a shot glass with what I'm going to feed and suck it up with the syringe to add it just below the water surface (seems to sink more reliably that way). This, however, has the side effect of making it harder to dose Excel and fertilizers because they think they're going to get fed and I don't want to spray chemicals all over them:nono:

Back
Top Bottom